Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How I almost lost my mind... but met my MOH

I design food factories...

I get paid to figure out the process that is processed-food...

And while it is probably the coolest job ever invented... I would never have imagined that 7 years ago when I chose Chemical Engineering this is where it would lead...

When I was in high school I was awesome at math... it was great... and {please don't be sick} even fun at times... Having strong math skills made Chem class a lot easier... I thought I was good at Chemistry, when really it was just the math skills floating me along... so when it came time to pick a degree it was obvious...

Chemistry+Math= Chemical Engineer

duh...

Well, not really... Chemical Engineering is really something else altogether...

Good thing I didn't figure that out until my junior year in college... you know, after the point of no-return credit wise... me and 40 other classmates were locked in for the long haul...

At least the company was good... Cuz when you specialize you end up spending LOADS of time with the same people... better make friends! Which is pretty much what I did...

I met the beautiful misses MOH Hawt Pellet and didn't let her out of my clutches! Just kidding... but we did become friends... It is pretty easy to bond over the difficulty that was your life choice... Misery loves company... especially cute company....

Personally I felt tricked into Chemical Engineering... why didn't anyone tell me that high school chemistry is basically just fancy math... unit conversions... not too tough if you're good at math....

What? Self pity isn't attractive? meh...

I do love my degree... but I really did almost lose my mind getting it....

Thank goodness for free on campus health care... {and childrens movies - hence the obvious obsession}

Took that for granted is all I am going to say...


But I made it... finished the degree, on time... got a great job... and had to move away from the lady that really helped me through it...

I have read a lot of 'wedding related regrets'... lists of what not to do... and it seems that picking your wedding party the moment you get engaged is a bad idea.... Really? MOH Hawt Pellet was the first person the popped into my mind... and I have been convinced ever since then that she is the gal I need standing next to me on my big day...

I know that if she made it through the Chemical Engineering degree that there is pretty much no level of stress and chaos that she can't handle... there will be no cracking under the pressure of wedding planning for me... not with her by my side.


{All photos are personal - my apologies to those who have most certainly figured out that they have been cropped out of a few of these photos... no offense intended!! - and yes, I love fish lips and that is my face crudely pasted on a squirrel body, you'd have to be there to understand}

No comments:

Post a Comment