Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh my God, like, there goes another lemming!

Image via Sipsey Street

Urban Dictionary defines "Lemmings" as : "A derogatory term used to reference a person who seemingly does not possess any form of individual thought, and instead, mindlessly follows the behaviors and actions of the masses."

When it comes to the name-change game I can honestly say that I never put that much thought into to it.

The girl changes her name.

That's just how it goes.

Right?

Well... I just figured that was what was supposed to happen, and to be honest I can't wait!

I am excited to be joining my new family...

It might seem silly, but sharing the same last name as my husband has this unifying feeling... like joining a team where everyone wearing matching uniforms...

I'm not a Doctor or a Teacher or anyone who has spent a lot of time imagining being "Ms. My Last Name" so I don't really feel like I am losing anything... in fact I have a pretty frustrating last name.... a change will be fun... an exciting step into the next part of my life...

I don't have any better reasons... and I am excited to make the 'leap'...

If that makes me a lemming, I'm okay with that.

If everyone jumped off a bridge would you???

No comments:

Post a Comment