Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Maybe It's Just My Family.... {part 1}

....but I don't think many people have heard of the new 'mis-matched bridesmaids' trend... I like to think of it as a trend, I mean it is definitely coming back into popularity right now, with brides CHOOSING to intentionally not have their girls match...

Sometimes I forget that I am the only bride-to-be our families have had in at least 2+ years... and maybe no one is 'current' on the trends...

Because, Mis-Matched was my choice!




After seeing tons and tons of weddings where this has been pulled off amazingly I decided it was what I wanted for the following reasons:

1. Because I wanted it! {and really isn't that the only reason that matters? No? okay well...}


2. None of my girls live close enough that we could ALL go shopping together.


3. Some girls might want a dress that flatters their body, not just whatever I think looks cute.


4. Some girls might not be able to afford the standard $150 for a bridal shop dress - and with travel costs for some I am trying to not be picky here!

But... apparently Mis-Matched is a hard concept to grasp... Everyone wanted me to pick a color, or just pick a dress, or even just pick a pattern! PICKKKKKKK!


Image via Mike & Mariya



Seriously... what is so hard about "get a dress that *you* like"...



"Please do not show up to my wedding naked... remember that we will be in a Catholic Church for the ceremony and shoot for something 98% yellow... any shade will do..."



Is what I should have said... Instead the whole mess of trying to please everyone (whether they asked to be pleased or not) was driving me to tears... tears!!


Can't we just elope - then there would be no drama...


So yea... instead of laying down the law, I buried my head in the sand and pretending the issue did not exist...


Until I got a text from BM Little Sis who had run into a cute yellow dress on a shopping trip and wanted to know if she could buy it...



I was caught off guard.


And it only made things worse.

Stick around to find out if the girls end up naked at the wedding or if we can find a happy medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment