Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What the Tux??

Over Labor Day weekend FI and I decided we need to get back out to Cali and nail down some wedding details... We picked the cake.... checked out some flower options... did another walk through on our venue.... and decided to get our day-of outfits taken care of...

I still hadn't picked a dress - so while I was there I made an apointment to try a local salon that sold Maggie Sottero dresses, but also carried the fairytale line from Alfred Angelo... I was hopeing to try on a few other designers and maybe even something that was actually in budget! I took off with his Mama, little sis (BM Lil Sis) and older sis (BM Big Sis)... and sent him and his best man off to find a GRAY tux....

Yea, I decided to compromise with him on the tux issue.... he wanted a tux, I wanted gray... win win... oh, and I say issue like it was a big deal... it totally wasn't...

Their first stop... Mens Warehouse of course... My favorite thing about MW is that they have locations everywhere... If we were all in Cali I would just pick a local vendor, but really I need my Dad in Alaska, my Best Man in New York, and my Grandfather in Utah to have easy access too.



So while I was in the middle of that scene from Titanic:Image via AbigaleSateliers
{I know I am not the only one who felt that way in a size too small Maggie}

FI called to tell me that Mens Warehouse doesn't have any gray tuxedos.... and "what did I want to do"

What do you mean they don't have a single gray tux option? I know I've seen them... Stay put, I will be right over!!


Hey... whatdaya know? It's a gray tux... at Mens Warehouse...


{Personal Photo} @ Mens Warehouse

Oh yes... they had them... the sales lady just neglected to ask FI what our wedding date was... apparently they were not available until AFTER October... so infact it will not be an issue for our MAY wedding... it's okay... I didn't cut out of my dress shopping experiance early or anything...

Cost wise, renting is a little more expensive than I had hoped... and only having one gray tux means that we don't have options from which we could select a lower cost option... it's all or nothing here...

Our base price quote was $180 per rental... with a $7 fee and tax.... it is a huge pet peeve of mine that they tack on a non-negotiable fee for cleaning or what have you when they could have just told me the price was $187 since it's not like I can choose to pay the fee, and it's not refundable...

Whoa, excuse me, getting off the soap box...before we get carried away...

Davids Bridal gave me a coupon for $40 off each rental in our party {in a Grooms magazine they had in their shop}, which is more than the current offer at MW for $30 off... so yay for saving an extra $10!

Plus they give you 1 free rental when you get 5 in your party... they try to sell it to you as a 'free' tux for the groom, but we will share the savings...

If, after tax, the rental is $200 - less the $40 coupon is $160.... if we have 6 rentals then the price per rental is about $135 each... and that includes a tie, vest, shoes, cuff links and the tux of course.... I am sure we could probably get everyone to buy new suits for less than $200 per person, but co-ordinating everyone getting the SAME one would be tough, and to be honest only 1 or 2 of our guys would ever need a suit again... so for us --> why bother?

We made sure to do our due diligence and stopped by the local Tuxedo Den - which I had never heard of and assumed was a local shop... apparently it has a fairly strong parent company "Savvi Formalwear"... again, never heard of them...

well, they had a gray tux as well...



{Personal Photo} @ Tuxedo Den

Does it look black to you? It's a very dark gray.... not really what I was going for...

And the price? Ohmeegosh it was like listening to the same sales pitch, down to the penny same prices... and fees...

So really, all they have going for them was a darker color that I really didn't care for... so Mens Warehouse it is!

And plenty of Bees have also chosen this route...






{Mr. Lox}



{Mr. Macaroon} - well I am pretty sure thats the same tux



What is that they say about great minds?

No comments:

Post a Comment