Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Am I Really a Budget Bride?

Yes, I am a Bride...


Oh, and of course there IS a Budget...


But where is the cut-off that qualifies you for being a 'budget' bride per say?

We are paying for the wedding ourselves... and we aren't planning on having any other family members be able to contribute...

I know that 'tradition' says that the Bride's family is suppose to pay for the wedding, but to be honest I never expected that they would... we did well as a family growing up, but after my parents split up, and I got older, I started to understand that there wasn't a cushy bank account with my name on it... no, my parents were just average Joes and money doesn't grow on trees... at least not the ones in our backyard!!







I loved the series of Father of The Bride movies.... ultimately I am glad I don't have to put my parents through that stress!

My dad and stepmom will be flying to California from Alaska - the current ticket price is nearly $700... So with Lodging, Rental Cars, Attire, etc they will probably be spending at least $2000 just to be with us on our Big Day...

My madre and sister have to travel from New York - their tickets are running $520 right now, so probably $1500 for the trip....

Gas from Salt Lake to California is probably $300 to $500 so the rest of my will also be paying quite a bit to join us as well....

While it would be nice to have an additional $4000 to help with wedding costs I would MUCH rather have my family present.


Now.... we have been quite lucky that HIS parents have offered to cover the alcohol at the reception, which could easily be $500 to $1000, we will still be holding that money to the side in case they have a financial emergency or something...

Same goes for my mom - remember that $2,000 dress I fell in love with? Well... I may still be eyeing it.... And while she has offered to split it with me, I would rather her not have to shell out any more cash than she already has too....


And as far as being a "Budget Bride"... well since when is $10,000 SMALL price to pay...

I feel like it is a TON of money...

We have it.... in the bank... right now....

but that is because we waited an additional YEAR to get married.... The was the choice we made so that we could save up, but even now with the money waiting to be spent it is still quite hard to part with....

Do You Have A Budget? Are Your Family Members Planning on Helping You Out??

No comments:

Post a Comment