Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Get Your Game Face On - Take 1

So, I am not a make-up kinda girl...

Guess I have just been blessed with naturally good skin, and cursed with laziness that prevents me from really bothering to do much more than apply some Clinique moisturizer in the morning.

In New York, shopping for dresses, I decided that it would probably be a good idea to have someone help me with my make-up so that when I tried on dresses it would feel more 'bridal'....

I realllllllly wanted to stop by the MAC counter at our local mall, but apparently they were completely booked that weekend with some scheduled event - so that was off the table...

I remembered that my mom and sister are lucky enough to have a rather large Sephora in their mall as well - So I called to book an appointment.


Image via Fashionista


I *love* Sephora

They have everything! It is fantastic!

I have seen people getting their make-up done there before, but I never really understood how you went about seting it all up and if there were any fees.

So I called the store...



Image via Fashion Indie


I assume each store pretty much has the same policy - but of course you should check with your store to confirm and make an appointment whenever possible... At this store you had 2 options:

1 - Two areas of application {eyes, lips, cheeks, skin/foundation, etc} of your choice would be done for free and typically takes 30minutes and is FREE

or

2 - Full Face make-up application typically taking 1 hour - with a minimum purchase of $50 (you can buy a gift card if you don't want to buy anything right away)

I opted for choice 2 since I was trying to get an idea of what the whole picture would look like since I am clueless!!!

I spent my $50 on a new foundation product for my little sister who patiently waited while I was being pampered, along with a travel size bottle of my favorite make-up remover from Clinique (Take off the Day) - since pretty much the only time I bother putting on make-up is when I travel to meet with clients, so I have to step it up a notch.

My over all opinion with the process was that I need to learn to comunicate better. I apprently did not stress that I wanted BRIDAL since I ended up with just a regular day-early evening look.... not as dramatic as I wanted.... but I did get a lot of good product recommendations for my base & foundation which is a big problem area for me make-up wise.

And I felt pretty all day if you cant tell from the picture below:


Personal Picture taken by my little sister on her IPhone




P.s. - I use a lot of Clinique products because my skin is uber sensitive - I don't have any kind of sponsorship with them or anything


P.s.s - If someone from Clinique is reading and wants to sponsor me, I..... j/k LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment