Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dressing the Tables

Being indecisive AND being depended on to have all the answers has made the whole wedding-planning process pretty tough...

I feel like everyone expects me to already know exactly what I want for each and every detail... like this is the 100th wedding I've planned - psh!

Most days I don't even know which shirt I am going to wear to work!!!

When we met with our venue over the Labor Day weekend we were filled in on a lot more of the details - like table sizes, linen availability, set-up proceedures, etc.

Provided for use are 5 foot round tables and a whole slew of Fugly Blue chairs like these:








Image via Sams Club












We also have some discount linen available to us... tablecloths for $4 a piece and napkins for $.25 each...





Only problem is that the color of the tablecloths is limited to White, Ivory, Red and Black... None of which really line up with our color scheme... so we tried to find some rental linen and they best we were able to find was about $20 per tablecloth from a rental company over 100 miles away!!





Not.A.Viable.Option.

So I searched for Discount Linen or Bulk Linen or Wedding Linen on google.... I found these:





Image via Linen Tablecloth











I really like how the organza adds color while still being inexpensive! If you purchase 25 of these they are only $4.71 each - or $4.23 when you register and use a discount code - oh and shipping for 25 is free!!





So for $8.25 I can get an ivory table cloth from our venue AND these pretty overlays!! And who knows, I might even be able to re-sell some to re-coup the costs!

Next up was Napkins:










The same company that sells the overlays also has Napkins for pretty cheap too... These yellow ones are 12 for $5.99 or 50 cents each... that is twice what our venue would charge us, so buying napkins is still up in the air - I am pretty sure I could resell these as well, but maybe it is not worth the hassel??








Image via Save on Crafts






At the center of our tables I imagine slabs of wood like the ones above. From Save on Crafts these would cost you $36 a piece! Thank Goodness that we have some loggers in the family!! So these will be for free for us... actually - with the resell value we will probably make money, which is nice for a change!









Image via Save on Crafts

To top the pretty wooden slabs I think the glass bowls pictured above would be perfect... I think these filled with water and a few floating lilies like these:


Image via Save on Crafts






Three of these floating lilies and the bowl would cost $5.07 and $7.49 ... but shipping from Save on Crafts is pretty spendy... to my home shipping is $2.71 per bowl!! WOW!





I would like to have some candles on the tables as well - but they are not allowed... I still feel like the table is lacking something.... maybe some pretty table number/menu frames??









Image via IKEA



So far my cost per table break down looks like this:





Tablecloth - $4.00
Overlay - $4.23
Napkins (8) - $2.00
Wood Slabs - $0.00
Glass Bowls - $7.49+2.71
Lilies - $5.07
Menu Frame - $.99


------------------------


Total: $26.49 x 24 tables = $635.76








Does that seem reasonable?





P.s. - oh and the fugly chairs, I'm not sure we can afford to do anything about them *huge frowny face* ... my plan is just to embrace the fugly

No comments:

Post a Comment