Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Went to the Post Office Today

Not to send off any pretty paper products, but rather to get something I have been putting off for SO LONG!!


My Passport!!!!


Image Via Soda Head


Yesterday my boss called and asked if I had a valid passport... we have a new project in Canada and guess what?


I can't go!


I should have gotten one a long time ago - and it hasn't ever prevented me from doing my job until now...


This incident coupled with our international honeymoon {YAY!!!} has forced me to kick myself in the butt and check this off my to-do list already!!


Some tips for those of you who still need to get your (first) passport:




  • Fill out the application online {here} and print it out




  • Get your picture taken according to {these} guidelines OR expect to pay a fee to have it done at an your acceptance facility (note: they don't all offer this service)


  • Make a copy of your Drivers License, front & back


  • Obtain an original copy of your Birth Certificate - they send the original with your application so make sure you can part with it until they return it.

Currently the expected wait time is 4 to 6 weeks.... I paid a $60 expediting fee and an additional $15 for overnight mail service so I could get my passport ASAP... I was told to expect 2 to 3 weeks and given some tracking information so I can see how far my application has made it through 'the system'


I also had to modify my application when I was turning it in because my mom had her Maiden Name on my birth certificate and that apparently is what I should have put on my application even though my mom DID change her name before I was born...


No biggie - and the guy taking my appilcation was really nice about everything...

Oh, and they gave me a copy of my passport photo to keep...


Enjoy:


Personal Photo

Have you checked anything off your to-do list lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment