Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Curls that last ALL Day

For anyone who might be planning to DIY your hair in a curly style.... or heck, just likes curls...

I.MUST.LET.YOU.IN.ON.MY.SECRET



Personal Photo - My Conair Curling Iron

This is probably my best kept secret to having curly hair that lasts all day long...The spiral that winds up the middle helps seal the curl in it's ringlet form...

trust me - it's like magic!

Oh, and sorry mom - I may have wrongfully appropriated this from you and ummm have no idea where it was originally purchased ...oops!


First: I start by sectioning off my DRY hair {and yes, it might be easier with clips and a better camera}




Second: I run my finger through each ringlet after I've curled it and then let it sit undisturbed for at least 20 minutes so it can 'set'


Third: Once I've allowed some time for the curls to settle I flip my head upside down, shake my hair out, and run my fingers through the curls to break them up a little bit.




My hair will lasst like this for the entire day WITHOUT sprays or gels... and any time a curl looks a little flat or lack-luster all I have to do is run my finger around it in a spiral to 'help' it back into it's original form - which actually holds because of the original curling process...


P.s. My hair is natually a frizzy pain in the tush, not curly or straight - so results may vary, I suggest trial runs!


*all photos are personal - and low quality, I know!*

No comments:

Post a Comment